I have always lived my life by making lists. These vary from lists of people to call, lists of ideas, lists of companies to set up, lists of people who can make things happen. I also have lists of topics to blog about, lists of tweets to send, and lists of upcoming plans.
Each day I work through these lists, and it is by ticking off each task that my ideas take shape and plans move forward. As the new year gets started, lots of you will be busy making resolutions. If you want to stick to them, I suggest making them into lists. Here are my top 10 tips for making lists:
- Write down every single idea you have, no matter how big or small
- Always carry a notebook
- Find a list method that works for you. Doodles, bullet-points, charts – what suits you best?
- Make a list of small, manageable tasks to complete every day
- Mark off every completed task – you’ll find making each tick very satisfying
- Make your goals measurable so you know if your plans are working
- Set far off, outlandish goals. What do you want to have achieved by 2020? How about 2050?
- Include personal goals in your lists, not just business
- Share your goals with others. You can help motivate each other further
- Celebrate your successes – then make new lists of new goal
By Richard Branson. Founder of Virgin Group
Kissmetrics: For retailers, shopping is the art of persuasion. Though there are many factors that influence how and what consumers buy. However, a great deal is decided by visual cues, the strongest and most persuasive being color. When marketing new products it is crucial to consider that consumers place visual appearance and color above other factors such as sound, smell and texture. To learn more about color psychology and how it influences purchases, see our latest infographic:
When we engage with a startup or a new product we use the Pragmatic Marketing Framework, our CEO has been certified and a student of the framework applying to past engagements from Sun Microsystems, Facebook to his own startups. This clearly aligns strategy with technology and marketing, the core of what we do at Buzz Mouth.
As you can see from the last few post, Buzz Mouth is working on improving our Framework, yet proud to be using proven processes to drive our success and our clients.